Planning a wedding is fun, it is exciting, and it is something most couples look forward to. However, arranging and making a wedding a success is not always a straightforward thing; it takes long hours of strategising, consulting, meeting, and so on so forth, to ensure that everything falls in place.
Regardless of whether you are personally masterminding the planning of your wedding or you have hired the services of a wedding planner, you’ll need to be very professional.
The below tips will help you ensure that your wedding arrangement and planning are professional
- Consult friends and family; one way of being professional during your wedding planning is by ensuring that you bring on board your family and friends. Everyone can play a role; you just need to consult and make them feel a part of the process. You’ll be surprised that some of the challenges you face or hitches experienced during planning can be easily sorted out by your close family members or friends.
- Book the venue in advance; there is nothing as embarrassing as having to rush at the last minute chasing the venue or informing your guests on the last minute that you have changed the venue due to whatever reasons. Booking a venue in advance shows that you are professional and that you don’t leave anything to chance.
- Transport; this is another thing that most people fail to plan adequately. How will guests and the couple be transported from one place to the other, for instance, for a photo shoot or for the reception? Always have a person in charge of transport to ensure that all cars or whatever mode of transport will be used is in place before D-day.
- Foods; in wedding planning, it’s not enough to avail a tasty meal for your guests. Rather, excellence lies in knowing your guests, who is diabetic and will require drinks with no sugar? Who doesn’t consume salt? Who is allergic? Are there special needs in terms of the diet? This is what professional wedding planners always do.
- Maintain your cool; most people tend to get over-excited and jumpy or assume that everyone else is equally excited. Rather, always be calm and measured and when meeting friends and family for the planning, try to accommodate their views, consult them with courtesy and measured excitement.
It’s perfectly in order for one to feel excited and overjoyed about their wedding, but the planning process has to be well-organised, which is why we highly recommend downloading the checklists in this guide so you don’t miss out anything.